Around 4 I joined the boys after they removed everything (Wood, toys, junk) from under the steps. They got it all out and I cleaned out with a rake. I made a box for kindling and some platforms for the wood to go on. Then we began stacking. Spencer and Matthew chopped wood and Ethan and I worked on the smaller stuff. I was working with an injury that incurred during the making of the platforms. My left middle finger took a direct hammer hit. It looks like an eggplant today. It's swollen and purple. The bruising is visible through my red shellac nail polish. It hurts but this is going to be a busy week since Matt gets home next Sunday. No time for injuries.
The kids all worked super hard and the boys and I didn't eat until almost ten. We got so much done though and now we can focus on the patio. I am determined to have it done by the time Matt gets home.
Speaking of Matt, I have been concerned for his safety since the protests and murders at our embassies and military bases began on Sept 11. He revealed that things haven't been rosy in Kathmandu since the day he got there. They have had some rerouting to work down back alleys, been caught up in the middle of a protest and stopped by said protestors and have seen first hand the national police and military performing riot control. They have been protected but I will feel much better when he is home. The Maoists are at the heart of the protests. They are trying to take over the government and thankfully the Nepalese are able to fight off the insurgency of Communism. He did not even tell me any of this until a couple of days ago. I know he watered down some of it but I just want to make sure it is not Islamists. The Maoists are targeting the Nepalese but in a whole lot of other countries the Islamists are targeting and killing Americans, esp those affiliated directly with the government. Jerks...I will leave it at that.
Here's a few recent photos:
| Matthew fitting Cooper for some manly football. Cooper is pretty into "guy stuff" since starting preschool |
| Yep, fits just right |
| Supercool fan |
| That's just dang cute |
| Cooper chillin on his throne that the boys built for him |
| Channeling Montezuma |
| Olivia wants a piece of the royalty action |
| A girl could get used to this |
| peek-a-boo |
| What? I only asked for ice in my drink? That's not demanding at all |
| Two goofballs |
No comments:
Post a Comment