Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Baby Quilt

My friend, Liz B is having a baby girl pretty soon and a baby shower was given for her a couple of weeks ago. Sometimes I really just want to make a quilt and this was one of those times. I don't use a pattern but come up with something in my head and hope it works. Don't look too closely at seams. I love the colors so hopefully they will distract the scrutinizing eye. I sewed ric rac on the middle pieces to mimic the chevron pattern that runs throughout. Pink polka dot Minkee graces the back. Minkee is difficult to sew and ridiculously expensive (unless you get it for $8/yd at Porters) but the end result is kind of awesome.
Trying to match chevron patterns is nearly impossible, in my world anyway

Finished product

Free hand sewing before binding. Could you just die? Again, I love the colors. 

1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh that is so stinking cute!