Saturday, March 10, 2012

More flooding pics

These pics were taken the same day as the other ones but I was having issues with posting pics so I couldn't access them. Lots of water that day but it subsided pretty quickly once the county closed off the road and cleared out the water. There are flood warnings this weekend due to more warm temps and melting snow sitting on top of frozen ground. Haven't seen any yet but still watching.
I have never seen our ditch this full. Tons of water was pouring in.

More of our ditch before I took the rake and dredged it out.

Matt made boats out of cardstock for the kids to float in our lake.

Lots of wind that day so the kids could watch their boats sail nicely.

Water seeping out of our landscaping bricks.

There normally is not water in these people's lawn. This is above our house and around the corner.
THE CULPRIT! This ditch runs behind the houses that sit above ours. This ditch should be going through the drain that runs under the street but there's so much water that it is running out both sides.

No comments: