Friday, December 9, 2011

More hubby Christmas pics

So here's some more pics for Matt to get him excited to come home. Although they have up Christmas decorations in Mali, there are no carols being sung, lights being hung or snowballs being thrown. Wait a minute, we have NO SNOW here either. I actually mowed last week so I could get up leftover leaves from our neighbors' trees. I winterized everything in the backyard and worked my tail off doing it. Busy days. So sorry honey. No snow...yet. It has to at some point, right?


Cooper holding a toy. I got this real wood bookcase at Downeast Outfitters home store in I.F. for $119. Super great deal. Another great deal was the full-size hutches that I stacked in the boys' room for $49 each. No joke. Real wood and perfect fit. I put the no-touch nativity on the top shelf of this bookcase and the second shelf is dedicated to the little people so they can role-play to their heart's content. I may regret leaving the Demdaco nativity set down so low but I don't like putting it up so high. It needs to be enjoyed.

Demdaco nativity set


Decoration above the cabinets. I don't do spring cleaning I do winter cleaning. Changing out the greenery and other decorative items demands a thorough wipe down of the kitchen grease that finds its way to the top. I bought the red canister and green vase at Real Deals. Great prices and super tempting stuff. I dare you to resist. The other goodies came from Tai Pan Trading Co in SLC. 

Another view from the top

2 comments:

Sarah and Cory Smith said...

So beautiful. You have quite the artistic touch. It looks wonderful. I am so glad that Matt gets to be home for Christmas this year.

amanda said...

i really love the green one it would go good in my kitchen