Saturday, December 10, 2011

Gratitude Rocks

My niece has a Quote of the Day that I think she posts on Facebook. I promise I will not rant about Facebook again...tonight anyway. Ha Ha. I thought of that daily post when I was at the adult session of Stake Conference tonight. How great would it be to have a big whiteboard where we jot down our Gratitude thoughts each day? I may implement a family fun board that includes an area reserved for Goodness Gracious Gratitude thoughts. I feel like I might be lacking but am GRATEFUL that I felt inspired as I listened to talks tonight. I love the Church I belong to!

Wanna hear what Cooper said to me today? I was putting some shopping items away and was getting ready to head back out to the van when I caught him saying something to me at the doorway. He reached out to me and said, "I couldn't live without you." I smiled. Did he really just say that? I asked him to repeat what he said so I could understand him. He repeated that very thing. I told him that was sweet and that I loved him too. Here's what is funny about this. Everyday I get to enjoy Cooper becoming very upset and with me and screaming "I hate you mom! You're a mean mom!." I remind him that I am very aware of his feelings because he tells me everyday. Matthew refers to him as bipolar and asked if it were possible that Cooper could have that diagnosis. I described the difficulty in diagnosing especially when so much of it subjective. Tough to do subjective with a 4 y/o. Matthew asks this because Cooper can be kissy-kissy one minute and yelling at me the next. I guess you could say he loves and hates intensely. He is no respecter of persons.

No comments: