After literally spending two hours of shooshing and sharp-looking my kids at stake conference, I couldn't have gotten out of that chapel fast enough. Three of my six were on one today. I was drained. I will be happy when Matt gets home this Saturday. I feel like I am ready for a break. I'm not going to take off for a few days but it will be nice to have my partner here to...be my partner. Someone else to bounce off the mom drain will be superb. I miss him mostly for the husbandly aspect but today I really just needed the little people's dad. If Matt were home I would have told him to deal with one older child who should know better then I could handle the two little people. We went into the chapel with one crying and came home with four crying. I was number four. At least I held it til I got home. Wish I could have gotten more out of conference.
At dinner I asked the kids if they remembered anything from Stake Conference. Olivia said no and Cooper emphatically replied, "Nope! I wasn't listening." Gotta admire the honesty.
1 comment:
i hear you. we didn't even go into the chapel, the usher "encouraged" us with our little kids that the R.S room was open. which was fine cause that was were we went anyway, along with 5 other families with at least 3 kids or more. It was noisy and the TV was small and from the 80's. Mostly it was a 2 hr coloring session, good times.
Post a Comment