Saturday, November 12, 2011

Super Saturday

It snowed today, a lot. Seriously, I was so busy cleaning up in my house after cleaning up at the church that I didn't even notice until there were 3 inches on the ground. It was very wet and very heavy. My favorite. Actually, no. Great for snowballs; bad for shoveling. Our neighbor came to help us finish the driveway with his snowblower then I told Matthew he could drive the jeep if he stayed in the neighborhood. Of course I would be in the passenger seat. As we drove through the neighborhood we saw a friend shoveling so we went home and got our shovels again. We ended up doing 3 more walks and driveways. I could only imagine how awful that would be to try and get out of in the morning. By the time we got home it was dark and frozen. My extremities were begging for warmth. I wore rain boots which was not wise. So I ate some soup, cleaned Cooper's room, folded 3 more loads of laundry, cleaned my room and directed Spencer and E-man to pick out favorite tees so I could box up the other 30. They moaned when I told them they could choose 20 each. Really? Who even needs 20 t-shirts? Crazy boys.

When I was helping Spencer today he remarks, "So in about 20 years when you are dead..." I stopped him and said, "What makes you think I'll be dead? I'm not even 40!" He blew me off and said, "Anyway, you'll be older and so will I. And all these clothes will be out of style." I'm not sure what my supposed demise had to do with outdated clothing.

Kaylee was playing Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii tonight. She shuffled through to find a Backstreet Boys song and said this ought to bring back some memories, huh mom? You guys are hilarious.

That's ok. A couple weeks ago, Matthew says, "I bet if there was a competition for Coolest Mom, you would win." It was Halloween day and I was sporting pig tails, fake freckles and listening/dancing to "Tonight Tonight." It's a Zumba song. You can't stop this groove. It's how I roll.

No comments: