Thursday, February 11, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day to the One I Love

This is dedicated to my husband, my friend and my eternal companion. It was almost 16 yrs ago that we started dating. After our first official date took us to a Chinese restaurant where you accidentally ordered 4 meals (language barrier) I knew I should keep my eye on you. The more time I spent with you, the more I couldn't stand being apart from you. Little did I know that our married days would consist of many days, mostly nights, spent apart. Our life now is not what I imagined. It's better! Each new year takes off another layer of muck and lets us see deeper into one another. I could not ask for a more giving man. You are so kind to me. It always surprises me when you tell me how beautiful I am. Babies, work and life have changed my perspective on my beauty but you never seem to be phased by the changes. You are able to see the good in people, especially me. You force me to see who I really am. I trust that you will always speak kindly of me when I am not present. You have proven that you are loyal in every sense that can be measured. Thank you for going to the Twilight movies with me and acting interested. Thank you for genuinely being excited to see me and spend time together. Thank you for being a good father and loving our children. Thank you for tolerating my music. I know you don't always love what I play. Thank you for being willing to take steps to a higher place in our relationship and in your personal life. Thank you for turning the fan on before coming to bed. You know I can't take the heat! You are a good man and an even better husband. So on this commemoration of Love day, I am sending a message to you. I LOVE YOU MATT LURKER!

2 comments:

Sarah and Cory Smith said...

OH how sweet. Love the blog. Great pictures. It will be fun to keep up with what you guys have going on. Have a great Valentine's Day.

Anonymous said...

You guys are AWESOME! Somehow in the middle of your anxieties, you've found humility. Somehow in the middle of humility, you've received the pure, sweet love of God that is experienced in marriage.

I miss and love you all,
Ron