So I am at work on a Thursday night...feeling pretty good. I get to go home in an hour at midnight. As much as I love the 4-12 pm shift it can make it difficult to see the kids. I decided to be a few min late today because the person that reports to me is often 30 min late, leaving me to sit in my office with nothing to do. I stayed long enough to see Matthew and Kaylee get home from school. We said prayer then I was off. Matt had to take me today because our van is in the shop. Yes, this is the same piece of joy that cost us thousands this summer to get fixed a week after we bought it. Mmm... how I love the vehicle headache. For now the damage is less than $200 but not exactly what I wanted to spend my extra shift money on. Oh well, at least we have 2 vehicles and don't have to share all the time.
This weekend I am looking forward to spending time with Shane's family for Aislyn's birthday. Linda, Emily, Jared and Ashley (they are scooping her up in Boise) will be here tomorrow and we are getting together on Saturday for a party. It will be nice to see them.
Matt's mom left today. She traveled back to Rachel's then will see Tim/Teri before heading home to the only state in the union that can succeed from the good ole USA and be it's own country. At least that's what I'm told. We enjoyed having her and Cassy, her dog. The kids loved Cassy. She only growled at me once. She must have sensed my anti-dog vibe. I didn't mind her though so it surprised me when she got surly. Like I said, bad vibes.
No comments:
Post a Comment