Sunday, April 14, 2013

Hear My Pleading Heart

I was listening to this song by Mark Shultz called He's My Son. It's written from the standpoint of a father watching his son endure the process of leukemia. But that is not what I was thinking about as I listened while getting ready for church. I was thinking of my own boys who are struggling with a move but are being brave in the journey. A couple of weeks ago the three oldest boys were expressing frustration and sadness for having to move. I suggested that they pray about it. I received my answer. I know we are meant to go but they need to find that out for themselves. Matthew said the family prayer that night and it was full of tears and willing hearts to do what we are meant to do. I think they are getting better. Cooper said today that he is "so grateful that we can move and live with dad again." He's also pretty stoked he will be sharing a room with Ethan


I think of my girls who are so happy to be back with their dad again that it doesn't matter where we are. Olivia was texting with Matt today and he ended up calling her. I heard her say that she wished we could just take some of our outside stuff when we go. Kaylee reminded her that we will have a pool. All better. But Kaylee is in a huge transition time. Who knows what this move will mean for her but I'm excited to see.



So many of us struggle. None of us is without spiritual stretching. 

I thought of my parents and my brother this morning as well. This song, He's my son may be about a son suffering from cancer but I know that spiritual sickness is more insidious, more shattering and definitely more painful. Physical pain eventually ends but spiritual pain endures until the sufferer chooses another way. The Atonement is more powerful than any drug or physically healing treatment. I know that for myself. The difficulty is that those who are struggling fail to see who they really are and what they were created to be. This Sunday I wish, I pray, that my brother will be able to remove his spiritual cataracts and see himself as God sees him. I pray my parents will know that God will lift them so that they can know how to help. I pray that as sisters and brothers that we can show charity and feel more love. I love you brother.

No comments: