Thursday, February 9, 2012

Yeah, I did just do that

I just wrote a large check this morning in the amount of $1,754 to the great state of Idaho simply for existing. I love tax time. Not only did we get the privilege of paying out 34% of Matt's checks to the federal government and Virginia but we also get to pay Idaho simply because we live here. Never mind that he did not work one day in this state last year. Because of the mere fact that he was working, Idaho feels that it needs a piece of the pie. Well, Idaho, I hope this pie is curdled by the time you get it. In my small defiance, I explained best I could under the "For" category of my check what I really think of their lame usurpation of our hard earned money. 

3 comments:

BriANDaleen said...

Bahahaha! You crack me up! So sorry Idaho is taking all your money...move to Texas ;)

amanda said...

that hurts my heart to look at! ouch!

Deborah said...

You are so funny! But that check is like a punch to the gut.