Sunday, December 25, 2011

It's 3:30 in the morning

After our traditional reading of Luke 2, opening a family gift and the ornaments and watching the Mormon Tabernacle Choir featuring David Archuletta, it was time to get the chillins' in bed. I told Cooper that he needed to get to bed because Santa was waiting for him to be fast asleep. He asked, "Are you sure?" I assured him that I was 100% positive. He wasn't being sassy but was genuinely wondering if Santa was really waiting on him.

I am still awake on what used to be Christmas Eve. I just finished making the last Minkee quilt for the older 4 kids. I threw them in the washer and went to check on them. They didn't wring out very well so I ran them through the express wash setting one more time. For the love, please work. The quilts turned out great. This was my first attempt at real binding instead of sewing them inside out then flipping them right side out. I actually did binding. I've been so afraid of it, thinking I wouldn't understand the directions (I had to read them out loud to Matt to really get it) and that I would mess it up. No big screw ups but after sewing Kaylee's I had to adjust the tension since it was looking wiggy on the back. I picked out that whole set of stitching in the binding. That took longer than pinning and sewing the binding. So that means it took a LONG time. I've been holed up in my room doing my secret sewing for nearly this whole week.

Matt informed me that he didn't buy ornaments in Africa so today I also had to make the ornaments and hand sewed the kids' monogram on them. They are cute but just not what I wanted to be doing on Christmas Eve. Matt felt pretty bad and apologized a number of times about screwing up. Apology accepted now grab a needle and help me stitch these dang things. He did one ornament then I put him on dinner duty. He was a great help today. He even cut the binding for Ethan's quilt and ironed it after I sewed the strips together.

10 more min and I can check my quilts. PLZZZZ be done!

No comments: