Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Bamako, Mali. Notice the French sign. I try not to think of the movie "Black Hawk Down" when I see a pic like this. We actually met Michael Durrant, the helicopter pilot who was taken prisoner in Mogadishu in 1993 when we went to a presentation he gave in Billings. Very moving presentation. No kind words for Bill Clinton or Democratic policies that put our soldiers at risk. Makes you think twice about how much your vote counts in an election.  

Children playing football (soccer). 

A hippo playing hopscotch on cars or maybe it's just a statue

Hanging it all out...to dry that is. 

Matt took this pic for me cuz I mentioned how I like all the colors, esp the cute green buses.

Traffic jam. Don't mind if I do walk my laundry right through the middle of it.

Lots of motorcycles. I think these are Islamic buildings.

Out of Matt's hotel room. His room is high end and dang nice btw. King size bed, flat screen t.v. and mosquito netting. He has been taking malaria pills since before he left country. Don't ask how much his immunizations cost. Oh, the pain!

Beautiful view from his room. He is appx 300 yards from the Niger river.

No comments: