Saturday, October 8, 2011

We're going private

I have considered going private for some time. After getting a message on my skype account today from someone that I wanted to be left in my past, I have decided we are way too accessible. No, I do not have a facebook account. I don't tweet or do myspace or linkedin or any type of social networking but someone found me on skype. This is just one reason why I am a facebook/social networking hater. Cue the rant...

It is 1230 am and I cannot sleep because I cannot get this sick feeling to go away. What makes people so bold? Did they forget how the relationship ended in the first place? Can they not assume at this point in my life that I have a husband and children? Does it matter? Someone tried to persuade me to set up facebook one time by saying that he was able to connect with people that he hadn't in a long time. Ok, but aren't there reasons why you lost touch in the first place? If those reasons were legitimate to part ways then why go there again? People generally do not change the core of who they are unless compelled by a catastrophic event. Even then, it may not be enough. Case in point: 9/11 brought out patriotism like I've never seen. Today, so many Americans believe we deserved it. Back to it people, nothing to see here. Toby Keith, your song is so mean! j/k of course

Here it is. I do not meet people on the street that I knew in High School and say things like, "We should get together sometime" or "You should call me." If I say anything about the future it is, "Great to see you. Let's not exchange info cuz I will never call you and you will never call me. Let's be honest."

I'm not that person anymore... THANK GOD! Literally, thank God. I was selfish, immature and like chaff in the wind. Sure, I was generally a good person who loved her family and church but did not love who I was. I chose to surround myself with so many people, specifically boyfriends, who I would let pull me into "strange paths" convincing me I wasn't worth the effort. I let it happen and it took a good man, precious children, and a firm commitment to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints to convince me otherwise.

So, this is probably more than you all needed or wanted to know about me. In one month, or maybe less, I am going private. If you want to keep a relationship with our family via our blogspot, leave me a note and I will email the invitation to you when the time comes. Don't be embarrassed if you read our blog and I don't know it but you would still like an invitation. Either Matt or I know you and you probably read because we are friends and not because you are a creepy ex. TMI, I know.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want an invite :) ambersessions02@gmail.com :)

amanda said...

amandakate30@hotmail.com

BriANDaleen said...

Add me: daleen.royer@gmail.com. Oh, and let me know if you want to be added to ours!