Sunday, June 5, 2011

Rockin' R Mountain

Matthew attempting to help Cooper boulder up.

Ethan -- A view from below. He and Spencer made it up before the rest of us.

The Lurker crew

I LOVE rocks! 

I'm on top of the world and I don't care who sees my belly!

Spencer pointing to Matt driving to the other side of the mountain. Don't be too freaked out by what he is standing on.

Is this picture going to featured in Outdoor Magazine? Let me put my face on. Actually Matthew was not thrilled with the idea of a scorpian crawling out of that rock. I could not have been quick enough taking this pic.

So Cute

Where's the Scorpian King?


Ethan Boulders it like an expert
Saturday is a special day. We were doing some casual family stuff and decided we should do a day hike up R Mountain (Menan Butte). It didn't seem too bad but we took the back trail and that was actually steep, slick and challenging with two little ones. I carried Cooper on my shoulders until it got bad then put him down. He was not great at listening and we had to keep corraling him to safe spots. Then we practically slid down on the other side. I raced Spencer and Ethan for the last stretch but they easily won. At least I got a good workout and didn't do Jillian Michaels that day. We ate lunch at the top before hitting the other side. Matt went down the path we took up and brought the van around. There was no way we were going to try to get the little people down that way again. Good memories.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Wow, you are brave! There are no pictures of you though.