Father's Day-We took the fam up to the temple yesterday to take pics before Matt left this a.m. Man am I beat. I was so tired after dropping him off this morning that I had to take a nap. It was like I had worked a few night shifts and needed to rest. Just like old times: Me exhausted, the kids rowdy while I try to sleep and the room TOO HOT. I DO NOT miss those days. I am eternally blessed to not be working nights anymore. I digress. When I was a young teenager I turned through this book that Dad had that contained designs for rooms. There was one in particular that I always returned to. It featured a built-in daybed. At the time I was residing in the middle room in the basement that used to have the sheet for a door. I don't remember how persistent I was when I asked Dad to make it for me but I know my heart longed for it. I imagined how it would look. What would I place on the ledge? What color would I paint it or would it be carpet lined? Imagine my joyous surprise when I discovered that Dad and Kit were drilling 2x4's into the walls and building a frame for that very bed. There really was no room for that bed in that room but I did not care and Dad obliged my dream. I understand how difficult it can be to give your children the desires of their little hearts, especially when you have 12 hearts to be filled. I always wondered why he would do that for me. It makes reason stare. But it's not about reason. It's about love. It almost seemed incomprehensible that I, one of 12, could be the receipient of such a personal and lovely gift. It baffled me that he chose to do that for me simply because I knew times were not easy. What drives a father to do such a thing? The only way I could wrap my head around it is to conclude that he loved me. My Dad loved me. What else explains that? It wasn't about money it was about time. He gave in the way he knew how and thank goodness because I loved that built-in daybed. Coolest EVER! Love you Dad!- CoDele | | |
|
|
|  |  |
 |
As for my husband, he really is a great dad. The kids adore him and think he's the best thing since Bounce fabric softener. We drove him to the airport at 0500 this morning so he could catch a flight back east to start work. Since last Thursday it has been a whirlwind. In one hour he was offered 2 jobs and another with an informal offer. We spend 3 months waiting for it to come through then in one hour everything changes. It wasn't as crazy this time and we had LOTs less to buy. Still, very little sleep until he left. I talked to him about an hour ago and he was in the Atlanta airport. As he said, "It's a different world out here." It is true. There's no place like home, esp this home.
So happy Father's Day dear husband of mine. I miss you already. So glad you are working but we know it comes with a price. Love ya baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment