Although we didn't intend to start the project so quickly, it just happened just that way. I finished mowing the lawn, talked to Ben, got the go ahead, had Kaylee and Matthew call their friends and we had our main living areas cleared out, including carpet and linoleum removed within 3 hours. Teenagers are great moving machines. Good thing I have a couple. The next week and a half were hectic with more 3 am nights than not. I was staying up to prep for the next day of work. I could hardly keep up with Ben and his friend who was helping him. We also installed 4 1/4 in baseboards. We just love the whole look overall. I wish I had a camera during that process cuz it was something that should have been documented. But just like fast food, the results were seemingly quick and you never even realized what went into the final product.
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Just Chillin'
I write this while I lazily sip raspberry lemonade and glance at my Country Living magazine. It's pretty much all that's happening at our house lately. Ok, so maybe I actually just got finished sweeping and mopping our new faux hardwood floors. They are so pretty that I can't help but keep them looking super suave. It calms my soul to walk into my brand new home. That's how it feels anyway. I can hardly wait to decorate for the holidays. Oh what fun it is to ride!
The day before school started a friend from our neighborhood came over to see our then carpeted and linoleumized floors. They were horrid and I despised them. The linoleum was livable but the carpet was some of the worst I've ever seen. Who puts nearly white carpet in a home? Some rookie for sure. Anyhoo, this said friend, whose name is Ben, was Spencer's scout leader. After a "getting to know you" convo I found that he installs flooring. I asked if he had a website I could refer to and he did. Matt and I discussed it and decided we would employ him. We liked his work and he is out of work right now. His family's story is a long and painful one that involves having to claim bankruptcy after moving out of a snake house (no joke. They were killing appx 35 snakes a day) and Ben hurting his back which caused excruciating pain and job loss. He is going back to school and is able to do occasional jobs. After looking at our house he felt like he could do this job. Yea for us!
Although we didn't intend to start the project so quickly, it just happened just that way. I finished mowing the lawn, talked to Ben, got the go ahead, had Kaylee and Matthew call their friends and we had our main living areas cleared out, including carpet and linoleum removed within 3 hours. Teenagers are great moving machines. Good thing I have a couple. The next week and a half were hectic with more 3 am nights than not. I was staying up to prep for the next day of work. I could hardly keep up with Ben and his friend who was helping him. We also installed 4 1/4 in baseboards. We just love the whole look overall. I wish I had a camera during that process cuz it was something that should have been documented. But just like fast food, the results were seemingly quick and you never even realized what went into the final product.
Although we didn't intend to start the project so quickly, it just happened just that way. I finished mowing the lawn, talked to Ben, got the go ahead, had Kaylee and Matthew call their friends and we had our main living areas cleared out, including carpet and linoleum removed within 3 hours. Teenagers are great moving machines. Good thing I have a couple. The next week and a half were hectic with more 3 am nights than not. I was staying up to prep for the next day of work. I could hardly keep up with Ben and his friend who was helping him. We also installed 4 1/4 in baseboards. We just love the whole look overall. I wish I had a camera during that process cuz it was something that should have been documented. But just like fast food, the results were seemingly quick and you never even realized what went into the final product.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow looks beautiful!!! Way to go! I bet you feel proud of yourself. What an adorable house!!!
What a transformation. I can't wait to see it in person. I bet you just love it every time you walk in. Amazing!!
Post a Comment