So Matt has been growing a beard/mustache combo since he has left the confines of his wife who demands a clean-shaven man. It actually looks super hot on him. I'm sure I would gag if he nuzzled that facial hair into my face but it looks good on camera. Maybe you all didn't need to hear that but I'm the one without a husband so I'm entitled. Ha!
I am at work tonight. Labor day is almost past so I must proclaim my joy in having a husband who is laboring as I type. He is finishing out this week with the troops from Nepal. He will have a four day weekend then will be back to start up with the Emirates. I wouldn't say he is in love with the change but knows he has a job to do. Git 'er done honey! He has really enjoyed working with the Nepalese Folk. They are hard working and entertaining. He's enjoyed working with the interpreters as well. It's been good times, except when they are at the firing range (outdoor of course) in 136 degree weather. He is basking in the sun and hardly breaks a sweat. His fellow instructors took a picture of him last week because he actually started sweating. Fortunately that Texas boy handles the heat really well.
School is started back up and everyone is happy with their teachers and classes. I have the pleasure of keeping the 2 little ones at home. Actually, it has been super busy at my house. We moved out and tore out our entire upstairs, minus the laundry/pantry room. That is next. Ben Sessions and Austin Webb installed wood flooring and new baseboards. It looks fantastic and held up just fine last night when Cooper went poo diving in his diaper. For the love! Why does he have to play in that crap? Anyhoo, our house has been turned upside down. It has gotten so bad that Olivia was going commando because she had no clean panties. Ethan has been wearing Matthew's socks mimicking a hard-core soccer player. I finally did some laundry today. When I say I did laundry that means that I washed/dried/folded. I have about 10 loads in my basement that is clean and unfolded. No joke. I keep avoiding the stairs, knowing what awaits me in the dreaded abyss. I had to move the laundry and many more random items to the basement family room in order to get the floors cleared. What a mess! I sent the kids out to a movie and the park today hoping to dive into it. However, I only got 2 bathrooms, 3 loads and a shower done. Grr! Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow after I stop feeling so nauseated from working so many night shifts as of late. Man I get tired of working holidays. My kids get tired of me working holidays too. Plus, someone might be quitting so that leaves much more to be filled. No one wants to work as a house supervisor so it will not be before year-end when that spot is filled.
So I would post pics of the new flooring but remember how I told you my camera went swimming with the assistance of a 4 y/o? Well, it won't even turn on now. It's been a long time since I have gotten any good pics. Maybe next month I'll get a camera and maybe it will be waterproof. That most likely will not cover all the shenanigans that my two little ones can pull but at least that is one major thing taken care of.
Hope all is well. We are hunkering down, getting ready for fall and pumpkin treats. Pumpkin Pie Squares are my favorite, right next to pumpkin pie. Mmm Mmm good.
2 comments:
Pumpkin treats? Yum. You are superwoman CoDele!
I love to hear your posts. With the risk of sounding gross...Matt does look pretty hot with some facial hair. I can't wait to see the floor, I bet it looks awesome. You never cease to amaze me with all that you accomplish and handle. Good luck with the laundry....it NEVER ends and I only have 3 little ones. We have a water, shock, and freeze proof camera that we have been really happy with. It wasn't super expensive and we got it an Costco. Love ya,
Sarah
Post a Comment