Sunday, July 11, 2010

Latest and Greatest




Some of our happenings since our last post include Spencer's team winning the championship for baseball, more Olivia fun, Kaylee and Matthew going to encampment in Utah with Kaylee being awarded the Honor Cadet and Matt putting on Major for his C.A.P. advancement.

Summer is in full swing. Routine is completely absent from our lives. Hey, we made it on time to church today. Yeah us! I am working full-time between the two hospitals. I finished up with the students last month. It was a really good group this time. I can't always say that is true but these guys are mature and smart. Not one of them accused me of being racist toward Greek people. Funny story behind that one that is too long to tell.

Ethan started soccer last week and loves it. Bob signed him up again which we are very grateful for. More pics of that to come.

In June, Kaylee competed in a dance competition in Utah again. Their team took first place in both of their dances. They did a great job and Kaylee has grown tremendously in her abilities. She is a leader in her class. It's been pretty cool to see the transformation.

Matthew has taken up a new sport of fishing. He goes to the Teton River with his neighborhood buddies and they get muddy, wet and sometimes bring home a fish. Last week the boys had a camp out in the backyard. I promised my neighbor Victor that I would claim no responsibility for the boys' actions because I was about to take an ambien and go to bed. After a good chuckle I promised I would ensure that they did not carouse in the neighborhood but might be loud, just as boys should be.

Kaylee leaves for Girls' camp on Tuesday really early. She is looking forward to it. I will spend Thursday night with them and bring some home on Friday morning.

Matt flies to Texas to interview at A&M on Tuesday. He will be back on Wednesday night... late. More about that later. It's quite a story.....

1 comment:

Sarah and Cory Smith said...

you guys have been busy. Thanks for all the pics. Can't wait to hear about the interview. We will be thinking about you guys.