Saturday, May 22, 2010

Tour guides say the darndest things!

These pictures were taken at Temple Square on Monday of this week, May 17. Matt had a follow-up appointment with the V.A. since it's been 2 weeks post-op. It's been so long since we were on Temple Square. Much has changed with the displays and tour areas. However, here's what hasn't changed: There are sister missionaries everywhere, the flowers at springtime are still beautiful and there is a spirit there that seems to bring one back home. The weather was perfect and Olivia and Cooper loved dipping their feet in the reflecting pool. We only took those two since our other four needed to be at school. Thankfully Ashley was able to stay the night so I could go with Matt. We also got to spend some time with Consuelo and Xander but not Andy since he had class.

We toured the Conference Center and met a really nice tour guide who took our picture. We exchanged email addresses with him and he encouraged us to "let him know what happens." He had some super nice things to say to Matt. He pulled Matt aside twice and said, "I feel so impressed to tell you that I see greatness in you. You will do big things. You are an important person." He repeated that message again right before we left which is why he asked us to email him. It was moving to know that he felt impressed to share that with Matt. We of course had some good conversation traveling down there that included some of these thoughts. It was especially nice to hear it considering the "No" that Matt got from INL after jumping through their hoops for months. We have believed that something great this way comes but so much time has passed that it feels a little... blah.

Sometimes you just wonder what is best and how you should feel about it. I know Heavenly Father loves us and our family but we would just like a piece of clarity. It's been 10 months now and I think everyone is wearing thin... or maybe that's just me. Thank goodness I could pick up more at my nursing jobs. We really have been blessed during our time of fierce winds blowing us to our promised land. I am ok with being blown and tossed about as the Jaredites. I would just like to see a glimpse of the promised land. Some of that came into view this week. Thank goodness for people willing to act on their promptings.

No comments: